Reverend – EasyDigitalDownloads Email Template
Preview of purchase receipt.
In short, email templates are the nice look of your outgoing emails.
This occurrence is especially true if you use a unique design and logos in your marketing to maintain brand consistency and awareness.
Please note: there is no guarantee or support for third party modules/providers.
- 1. Unzip the file.
- 2. In your theme's folder create a folder called "edd_templates".
- 3. Copy the "emails" folder from the unzipped folder.
Customize email templates using the Easy Digital Downloads Admin
Go to Downloads > Settings > Emails, and you will find the sections, Email Settings | Purchase Receipts | New Sale Notifications .
Here you will find some elementary options where you can change the logo of emails and the content of emails. For more advanced modification you will have to edit the template in the file system.
- choose if you want to use plain text only or the HTML emails,
- choose a logo to be displayed at the emails,
- preview your email template,
- send test email.
- set up the content of email for new purchase receipts
- set up the content of email for new sale notification
Customize email templates in the filesystemYou can modify email templates using your favorite IDE or text editor. The advantage of this method is that it gives you more control over the code used in the templates.
The files of email template to modify
- header-default.php - the HTML file contains the header of email
- body-default.php - the file contains the body of email
- footer-default.php - the HTML file contains the footer of email
- header.php - the header of a plain text email
- body.php - the body of a plain text email
- footer.php - the footer of a plain text email
- - The path to the email templates is set wrong. Your CMS system cannot find the templates.